Monday, October 01, 2012

RSS directories for Search Engine Optimisation

Hi guys, I've discovered something new.

 Part of what is needed to get websites seen by search engines is backlinks and the quality of your site rating. I tested my site rating and found it wasn't as high as I'd like it to be. I then discovered that there is a whole aspect of something I haven't been doing - submitting my RSS feed of my blog to directories. Apparently by doing this I'll vastly increase my backlinks and I should get quality ones as well. This is how you find your RSS feed for your blog (assuming you use blogger) http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss You can use this to do some free automatic submissions for you. What this means is that people will be able to visit these directories, find your site or other sites they are interested in and have your site's feed turn up on their homepage or on their own site.. so keep updating your blogs.


No comments: