Friday, October 19, 2012

What to do during maternity


This question came in from a transcriptionist this morning. Interesting one, answers? (I have removed her email but will forward comments) Morning Ladies (and Gents – not sure?)

I am in a bit of a predicament.  I am having my third baby end April.  Even now, finding the time to work is a huge mission.  You other work at home moms must know what I’m on about.  So do I close down altogether?  Or do I find a handful of typists to assist me until I get back on my feet.  I don’t really want to close down altogether, this company is very close to my heart.  

So ... I am looking for a handful of people that I can try out until the end of the year.   I will proof read everything that is done for me, for a while, but then I’m hoping by the time baby comes, I shouldn’t have to proof read at all, because by then it’s done the way I want it.    I will give them a full set of instructions on how I set out my transcripts and any other rules etc to help them along.

So ... after all that, are there any ladies out there looking for more work?  If you are interested, could you send me a bit of a CV, nothing formal.  Some references would be great too.  Also your rates – urgent and standard.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.   I hope to hear from some of you soon.  You may mail me directly at the below email address.

Please remember to like us on Facebook and follow the blog. You are more than welcome to reference our material or follow our blog but please link back to us.

No comments: