Monday, February 03, 2014

E is for the Edward Chamberlain-Bell Show..from the wind beneath your wings


I had a chance to be on the Edward Chamberlain-Bell Show on Saturday 25 January. It was a huge honour for me.

I want to say a huge thank you to Edward for inviting me on his show. It was a lot of fun and gave me a good opportunity to get the word out about our industry and answer some of his and his co-host Laura's questions.

So please have a listen in here - my part on the show starts at 00:30.

I was pretty nervous going in to this show. I am not sure why as I've been interviewed before and I also conduct interviews sometimes. But I guess this was just a big opportunity, because The Edward Chamberlain-Bell show is ALWAYS very informative for small business and it's a show which has pretty fast made its mark in local radio and is only going to get bigger. It was great to be on there and get the chance to yak about our industry, my business and the virtual world in general - without having to be the one thinking about the questions.

One of the questions centred around the biggest challenge in the industry, and I had to say that it was fear. Not only because fear was the first thing on my mind at the time. But because it really is true. I think we all have fears, and it can be crippling. You can get that blind fear that doesn't allow you to do anything. But the thing is that if you really want to achieve something, you've got to try to look past that fear and picture where you might be after you've gone past the fear and done the thing you wanted to do anyway.

The Edward Chamberlain-Bell Show team aim to help you live your best life ever this year. If you've already forgotten your New Year's resolutions, they've got a painful reminder to keep you on your toes this year, and they're going to keep reminding you until you can also say you're living the best life you've ever had. You're allowed to fail but you're also encouraged to be your best.

Ed calls me the wind beneath his wings because I do social media and podcasting for Radio Today Johannesburg, which includes his show. That's a pretty nice accolade to have and it's a fun gig to have too, because it allows me that teensy weensy bit of creativity which I also mention in the show. Working in our field one can tend to get a little bogged down, so it's nice, and important, to give freedom to your creative side every once in a while.  This is also how the interview opportunity has come about - Ed and I have got to know each other through this and he was so taken by me he decided to have me on the show and I know he's going to read this which is why I'm stoking him a little. LOL :-)

Edward agrees, forget about those resolutions for 2014, and be true to who YOU are and what makes the U in YOU happy! And that is what I think too.

The Edward Chamberlain-Bell Show is broadcast on Saturdays from 12h00 to 13h00 (GMT+2).

Radio Today (@Radio2Day) broadcasts on 1485 AM in Johannesburg and country-wide on DStv audio channel 869. Stream: www.1485.org.za/ and 1485.mobi. Follow Ed on Twitter @thewordofed.

Next up for me - break the TV barrier. I've never been on TV and I want to be, so I'm looking for opportunities.

Please share this blog if you have enjoyed it, and follow me on Google Friend connect and / or on Twitter @TypewriteSA or on Facebook  I can learn from you, too. I would really value comments and input from you on this post and I always try to follow back. Many thanks for taking the time to read this. 

1 comment:

Damaria Senne said...

Sounds like you two had a blast. I just went on an uncapped bandwidth plan starting Feb, so now I can stream him during the times you mention. Thanks Gaynor.