Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Make your website a true representation of what you offer.


Hello everybody. I finally have a little bit of a gap today and took half an hour to update my website this morning. I thought it would be a good idea to stress to you how important it is to make sure that your website is a true representation of yourself.


I feel that if your website misrepresents you it can have an impact on how clients see you. If you are a huge transcription or VA entity, then your site should present you as such. If you are, such as myself, one person who sometimes makes use of sub-contractors, then your website should present this too - and if you don't use any sub-contractors at all, then this too should be clear. This shows the client from the start that you are honest and transparent, and it can prevent misunderstandings and problems later when you find that more (or less) is being demanded of you than you are capable of.


My site can be found at http://www.typewritetranscription.co.za/.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Good point. I have found that some big corporations that started out as SMEs still have websites that look and function like those of start-up companies. They grew their businesses but forgot to reassess their websites to match!

Thankfully, companies like these provide me with some web writing work ;-)