Friday, March 08, 2013

Express Scribe and the Blasted "Done File"

Please remember to like us on Facebook and follow the blog. You are more than welcome to reference our material or follow our blog but please link back to us.

I had a question today and got a great answer from Trish at Conors Admin, so I thought I would share it for you.

Hi guys.

I’m using Express Scribe Pro v5.5 with Windows 8.

In the old versions of Express Scribe there used to be a place where it stored the ‘Done’ Files. I can’t find it with this one. I can only find a piece in the software itself where it talks of recovered files, I’ve cleared those.

Reason I’m asking is my Express Scribe seems to be getting a little unresponsive, and I think I need to clear it.

Is there still a ‘done’ folder somewhere on my hard drive?

Answer:


Hi Gaynor

I'm on Win7 and Scribe 5.01 and had a similar problem recently. I went into the settings in Scribe and on the Disk Sage tab there was a path for the data folder. Which in my case was c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\nch swift sound\scribe

Trish

No comments: